Are you looking for a simple way to drive parts and service sales and enhance customer relations? Here it is – talk to your customers!
There are two key questions that you should ask every customer that comes through your service lane:
1 – How long will you be keeping your car?
- This is an important relationship-building opportunity with your customer
- Most customers expect to keep their car for many years
- By engaging the customers in this way, and having them consider the future of the vehicle, you can better explain how critical maintenance and repairs are to keep their cars safe and dependable for the future
2 – What’s keeping you from having this service done today?
- This is an important question to ask EVERY time a customer declines a recommended service or repair, and by asking this question you have the opportunity to overcome objections
- You may hear that TIME or MONEY is preventing them from following your recommendation
- If these concerns are preventing your customer from making a decision today, you may be able to find an alternate solution by offering a loaner or breaking up a large service into smaller services
These are simple questions that you should ask each and every customer when they come to your shop.
By taking a few extra moments to speak with your customers – to learn their plans for their cars and determine why they decline recommendations – you will create opportunities to make the sale and build a relationship that keeps them coming back for your expert advice!
Image courtesy of khunaspix at FreeDigitalPhotos.net