I know I am more likely to return to the same service provider for a haircut or dental cleaning when I schedule that next appointment before I leave. This same principal can be beneficial to clients at car dealers and repair shops. You can make car maintenance easier for your customers by taking a moment to schedule their next visit.
By scheduling a customer’s next car service while he or she is still in your shop, you can begin to create customers for life! Here’s how to do it:
Don’t Ask, Just Offer:
- Schedule your customer’s service appointment by offering an appointment to your customer, promoting the convenience of scheduling the next visit.
- “Mr. Customer, we want to ensure your vehicle is maintained and serviced conveniently! You will be due for your next regular maintenance visit on this date. We have the following times available for your appointment, which would you prefer?”
Give a Reminder:
- Write the date and time of the customer’s next visit on your business card, or offer to email the confirmation. Also make sure to give the customer a copy of your maintenance menu, highlighting the services they still need or will be due for on their next visit.
- The business card or email gives them a handy reminder (much like you might receive from your dentist or hairstylist) and the menu will help prepare them for what to expect during their next service.
Follow Up to Confirm:
- Follow up with your scheduled maintenance customers a week before their scheduled appointments to remind them of the appointment (another helpful courtesy) and prevent no-shows.
This basic step of scheduling a customer’s next appointment is often overlooked by automotive service providers. By taking just a few moments before your customer leaves your shop to show you care and make their next visit as easy as possible, you will drive repeat business!
To learn more about how to create customers for life, contact me
Image courtesy of pansa at freedigitalphotos.net