Sometimes customers will enter your service department with their guard up. Whatever else you’re selling beyond their prime item, they’re not buying. It’s not about time, or money
– it’s about trust.
Personalized recommendations help you build relationships with your customers and break through concerns they might have about whether they can trust your guidance.
Here are simple steps to personalize your service recommendations:
- This is the best way to show a customer a personalized health report of their vehicle.
- Consistently performing a multi-point inspection during each visit and showing the customer when the car is in good shape or in need of attention will help build your relationship and prepare your customer for future services.
- Ask the customer about their car and driving habits.
- How long they plan to keep the car can help you guide them through and support the importance of repair or maintenance needs.
- Explain beyond parts and labor.
- This might seem obvious, but too often we just present the repair and the price.
- A customer with defenses up needs to understand WHY you are making your recommendation. Value and benefits must be a part of every service recommendation. Add the why, and more people buy!
By taking the time to inspect your customer’s car, learning about their driving habits and taking the time to explain the importance of what you’re selling you will create a more personal experience, and earn your customers’ trust.
image courtesy of pakorn at freedigitalphotos.net